Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tra’Han’s Folly: I tried.


Trapped!

2012-02-20_00.09.58

I awake to find myself trapped in a block of snow and ice. Frozen solid. Fighting the tendrils of panic curling around my heart, I quickly begin to recite the incantations of light and warmth, hoping I am not too late – and not quite knowing what to expect when the ice melts. How far beneath the surface am I? Have the frozen golems covered the world with a deep drift of snow?

2012-02-20_00.10.09

It appears they have not. A wave of euphoria flows through my thawing body. Perhaps I have not destroyed this world after all. Perhaps I can still save…

Am image flashed across my mind. Who…?

guard

The security guard! That fool, Grahm. But that means… Christmas! What… what have I done?

The memories come flooding back… Christmas trying to help.. I… and I… I sent her to hell. I sent her to hell to find the meaning behind this place. To find the source of its power over me.

Why didn’t I go with her? I am Tra’Han. I see truth in everything.

But I can’t see this.

I have to find her.

2012-02-20_00.06.13

Rain. Fitting. I load up on supplies, not sure of what I will face, and head off to find the entrance.

2012-01-15_09.24.48

Interesting. It seems my spells have had some strange effects on the local wildlife. If they were even my spells. More and more I suspect I am simply a catalyst, that someone – something – is channeling its power through me.

Never before have I felt so… dismayed. So disconnected from the essence of things.

I am Tra’Han. I fear I am lost.

And what of Grahm, the Security Guard? Some echo of him flits around me, shouting across the void of time. But what is he saying? Was he here? Did he walk by me, trapped in my icy prison?

I hope he didn’t do anything stupid.

Raining still. What misery.

Ah, here is the place. The boundary between this world, and the one below is weakest here, with one spilling into the other…

2012-01-15_12.54.50

I utter the words of transportation. Suddenly, the world around me tilts, and drops away. I find myself on the rails of Hell.

2012-01-11_18.52.00

But what will I meet on this road? Will I find Christmas?

 

Or will I find her body?

2012-01-11_18.52.13

No comments:

Post a Comment